I mentioned that I'd collected tons of audio gear over the years. An eon or so ago, I bought a couple BK MOSFET modules from the back of the old Audio Amateur magazine. I think they cost me around $150/pr. What's cool about these modules is they included the power supply on each board, and heat sink! At around 100W/channel, I've found many uses for these amps.
I finally bought a nice rack mount case and assembled them into a coherent unit. The case was about $100 bucks, then add in misc. connectors, etc. and I had an audiophile cheapskate's dream!
Nice job if I say so myself. Looks like the modules are now discontinued, but they hung around for a long time and, as I did, found many uses.
If you are into circuit analysis, you can see that the circuitry is really quite straight forward.
Just another example how to get great sound without paying big bucks...
No comments:
Post a Comment